Hey guys! Today I’d like to share three habits that I use just about every day to help me to stay optimistic.
1. Ask yourself questions that let you see the optimistic side of things.
When I’m in a negative mindset, the easiest way for me to get out of my funk is to ask myself questions like:
- What is one thing that is positive or good about this situation?
- What is one thing I can learn from this situation?
- What is one opportunity within this situation?
These questions are not something that I can always answer right away. Sometimes I need some time to process and accept the feelings and thoughts that are going through my mind.
But after those thoughts and feelings have mostly passed, I start to find the possible good in the situation.
2. Get optimistic support from the world around you.
One the most important factors for being able to stay optimistic are the influences around you. Optimism is – just like enthusiasm – contagious.
So find ways to create an environment that supports you.
- The people in your life. Try to spend time with optimistic people and less time with negative people.
- The information you let into your mind. One of the simplest things you can do to create and support your own optimism is simply to regularly open up yourself to information created by optimistic people.
3. Start your day in an optimism creating way.
The way you start your day often sets the tone for the rest of it.
Three practical ways to get a good start to your day is to:
- Read or watch something optimistic or funny for 10-20 minutes during your morning.
- Have an uplifting conversation.
- Listen to a motivating audiobook or podcast on your way to work or school.