Don’t you hate it when you get the perfect pair of shoes only to discover that they are too tight on your feet? It happens to most of us. We find the best shoes at a great price but they’re just a little bit too tight. Fortunately, there’s a number of different ways to stretch your shoes. This methods won’t help a size 8 fit into a size 6. But they could stretch a shoe about a 1/2 size larger. Here’s how:
Freeze a bag of water in your shoes. Water expands when it turns into solid ice. The water in your shoes will freeze, expand, and stretch out your shoes.
- Fill a freezer-strength zip lock bag with water until it is half-full.
- Place the bag of water into your shoe, stuffing it up to the toe.
- Keep the shoes in the freezer until the water is completely frozen. This may take about 4 to 8 hours.
- When the water is completely frozen into ice, remove the bags of ice. Your shoes should be stretched!
- If the shoes aren’t stretched enough, repeat this process until they are stretched to your liking.