It’s one of those trends that we’re always wary of trying, but when we see it on other people, it looks amazing! Well, now is the time to embrace the crop top yourself, as it’s not going anywhere this summer. The key to making it work is teaming it with sporty or low-key pieces, and avoiding anything overly exposed. You can still be cool and chic while wearing a crop top. What matters, like always, is choosing the right combinations of clothing. Here are our top tips for getting it right:
1. Wear your top with something wide-fitting and feminine: it will make you instantly look more chic
2. When you have to choose shoes, go for flats: they are the best way to make your outfit more
3. If you don’t feel comfortable with your bellybutton out, don’t force yourself: if you want to uncover your belly a little, wear high-waist pants and skirts with a short top. It will allow you to follow the trend without feeling too naked
4. If you like accessories, choose something small like earrings: the sleeker your look, the better!
5. A trench or a blazer are the perfect complement for a short top